I've had some great presentations and awards over the span of my career including:
- Tech in Motion (TIMMY awards), Best Tech Manager in DC, Runner Up, October 2019.
- GoCanvas Rockstar Award: Authenticity, June 2019.
- DCFemTech Recipient for Design, May 2018.
- Recipient of one of the few United Airlines bug bounty awards (250,000 airline miles) for discovery of a large security hole in the new United.com flight booking system, September 2015.
- Co-inventor of the SSC risk model, the very first patent granted to the Advisory Board Company and the only woman on the team, September 2013
- Developer on various sites winning over 30 awards including 4 Webby Honorees, a People’s Choice Award and a Webby for outstanding work, September 2003 – September 2010.
- Recipient of the EDUCause Administrative Application of the Year Award, GWU Housing Module, 2003.
Conference Talks, Articles & Presentations:
- Co-presenter at K1 Product and Engineeering Summit - "Workshop: 7 Wartime Actions to take in R&D Right Now", May 2020
- Speaker at MOCO UX - "The UX of Landing Your First Job", May 2019
- Speaker at K1 Product and Engineeering Summit - "Elevating the User Experience", May 2019
- Interviewee/SME - “US Hospitals are now required by law to post prices online. Good luck finding them. ”
https://qz.com/1518545/price-lists-for-the-115-biggest-us-hospitals-new-transparency-law/, January 2019
- Panelist - "Beyond the Code: Celebrating Women in Tech", June 2018
- Interviewee/SME - “What Comes After User-Friendly Design?”
https://www.fastcodesign.com/90139957/what-comes-after-user-friendly-design, September 2017
- Co-Presenter at DC Full Stack - "Agile in Government: Reimagining a Department of Education Program", June 2017
- Presenter at UXDC - "Strategic UX (StrUX): How to derive a product your users will love while keeping your stakeholders happy", April 2017
- Presenter at Purdue University - "The UX of landing your first job", April 2017
- Presenter at Midwest UX Conference - "Becoming One with Your Users: MODELing your own behavior to understand theirs", October 2016
- Panelist at Duke University's Fuqua Tech Symposium - "Elevating the User Experience", September 2016
- Presenter at DCWebwomen [CodeHer] conference - "Bringing UX to your organization", September 2015
- Co-Presenter at Museums in the Web - "Pimp My Site Architecture: Reorganization and Usability Tools and Tactics to Reinvigorate Museum Web Sites on a Budget (Pt 2)", April 2010
- Co-Presenter at Museums in the Web - "Pimp My Website: tech Tools to Redesign and Reinvigorate Museum Websites on a Budget", April 2009
- Presenter at EDUCause, "The House that GWU Built", October 2003.
About | My Experience | My Education | My Awards + Presentations